wow it has been awhile. life has been a little crazy and the blog has been neglected. but i am back and hopefully for a good long time.
i left off with an engagement and then i just left you. we have been in full wedding planning mode over here and a lot has happened since we last spoke. i have had visitors galore (purdy, jen, family and then gil). two weeks from now, sweet jules is coming to visit. her first time to greenville and i am oh so very excited. it's so wonderful to live in a city that you know will excite your guests. any of you who have visited know how much charm our downtown holds. and i am excited to show it to jules.
so a little wedding update...shall we? i'll just give you a little list of things that we have accomplished in the past 4 months.
- the date - September 24th, 2011. which will go down as the best day of my life.
- the city - Greenville, SC
- a place to say "I do" - a pretty church with stained glass galore. can you imagine the pictures?
- a place to party after the ceremony - a historic home with a backyard to die for.
- my dress? check.
- bridesmaids dresses (for all 8 of my gorgeous girls)? double check.
- a fantastic photographer that will document our best day? perfectly selected.
- honeymoon - 10 days of glorious vacation booked in the caribbean.
- things to chow down on and pretty flowers - in the works.
- registering (i will go ahead and sound selfish - we had so much fun. you shoot a laser gun and boom - you have a chance of getting it as a gift) registries are complete!
so there is a little update for you blog stalkers out there. that is...if you haven't abandoned me. i wouldn't blame you. it's been ages people. ages.
i will do a blog post on each of the bulleted items above and delve into more details than you probably care to hear soon. a wedding inspiration board and pictures galore will be coming your way soon!
it's good to be back my friends. it's good to be back.