Tuesday, December 22, 2009

old as new

i am a big believer in working with what you have and so it is with that belief that i decided to makeover a little tray in my living room.

one of my roommates bought this little tray at some point during college. nobody took the tray with them so i brought it with me down here to SC with hopes to make it work {oh tim gunn...how i love you. tangent. sorry.}

it started out as a little wooden tray that had been painted a dark magenta (plum?).


it had cute bones but the color didn't go with my new apartment. so i spray painted it with a few coats of gray paint. then i added a little scrapbook paper (white with small tiny blue polka dots) to the bottom and cut a piece of plastic to create a little bit of interest in my new tray.


for a few bucks and some elbow grease i think it turned out pretty cute. and it matches my new apartment much better.

so i encourage you to work with pieces that you have my friends. a little makeover can do wonders and make old pieces feel/look brand new!
signature

0 comments: