Monday, September 7, 2009

a long weekend

this weekend was full of fun times as A and I took a trip down to the lake. His grandparents live on Lake Murray outside of Columbia and we spent the weekend there. It was so wonderful. I took a nap everyday (love that!), went out on the boat and generally enjoyed being around A's family. His dad, step-mom and little brother came up as well and it was a very enjoyable weekend.

we came home last night because Clemson does not have labor day off (silly school). I mean, that is a downfall of CU. I am just bitter because I would have loved to spend some more time there. So peaceful and relaxing.

A few pictures from our weekend.

i got to wake up to this every morning. this is the view from the kitchen window at A's grandparents house. it's beautiful. see why i still wish i was there?

this was a field of beautiful flowers that we found driving to town. I mean an entire field of flowers outside your door? little things like this remind me of God's beauty.


this picture was actually taken today but hey, it's still labor day weekend right? this afternoon, we spent our time playing skip-bo (our favorite), drinking palms slushies and eating boiled peanuts (yummy). a great way to end the weekend if you ask me.


one last thing...make sure you head over to chick-fil-a today. wear your team logo and get yourself a free chicken sandwich! A and I already went for lunch time and are seriously considering going for dinner. I mean it's free!

judge me...i dare you.
signature

5 comments:

Holly said...

Haha I would never judge you my friend. I'm thinking about doing the same thing.. I went this afternoon! All I have to say is you better be wearing your UK attire.......

Shannon said...

of course. representing for the cats all the way down here in a sea of orange!

clemsongirlandthecoach said...

thanks for your sweet comment...but I live in Atlanta now...sigh...

Rachel said...

I love the sunflower pic...so beautiful. I miss you...when can I see you again??

Lyryn said...

What a fabulous time and what a great place to go visit!!! Love the pictures! Love your blog! ;)