Thursday, January 14, 2010

another christmas craft

it's time to share with you my last christmas craft. i already shared my candles and my honey cinnamon butter. now i can share with you my final christmas craft...notecards.

these were made for my mama. she loves buying hallmark cards. lots of them. so i thought not only would this be another crafty present i could make, it also would save her dollars and she would always have cards at the house for almost every occasion. 

first, i started with some blank cards (i bought a box of blank cards at hobby lobby). 


i then added scrapbooking stickers. they weren't the 2D stickers that remind you of what you played with when you were seven. they are 3D stickers that are adorable and not kid-ish (but they are definitely cards you could give to kids!) martha stewart has a wonderful collection of them at michaels {found here}. i placed the stickers on each card and was on my way to a little homemade card collection.


and i put them neatly in a little metal basket all organized and precious with their little envelopes.

 
i made sure to give her a variety of cards for each occasion. 
*birthdays
*anniversaries
*wedding/bridal showers
*welcome a new baby
*graduation
*thinking of you
*all occasion cards that can be used for anything

i think they turned out perfect and now my mama has an assortment of cards available to her for free!
signature

3 comments:

jenna said...

i love these... definitely gonna have to copy one day :)

Kari said...

Super cute! I love this idea and hope some of my friends don't see it so that they don't do them for themselves ;)
Miss you!

SavGarcia said...

this is such a great idea!! thanks for sharing!