Wednesday, March 17, 2010

finding a home

since i have been down here in SC, A and i have done some church searching. we are trying to find a church that we can call home, a place to be refreshed and poured into, and a place to be challenged in our faith. i came from a huge church in lexington that stole my heart away. i absolutely adored my church and felt so encouraged by the way the church was living out Christ's calling for us.

"therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you." {matthew 28:19-20}

my church in lexington lived out that verse so beautifully. and although, no church has it perfect, that place was going hard after what the Lord commands us to do.

so since my time here in SC, i have been looking for that (and trying my hardest not to compare). i think i might have found a place that i will eventually love. it is hard to transfer from my ky church to a different one but i definitely wanted to find a church that was going hard after that verse. and i think i found one that we both like.

A and i went to a discovery class on sunday. it was to learn more about the church, what they believe, and how to get plugged in. it was encouraging and i really liked their mission and what they are doing in greenville.

i have shared in the past the difficulty i have had in moving my whole life to SC. i don't sugarcoat the process because i like to be open about things on my blog. i am hoping that finding a home church and getting plugged in will help me feel like greenville is my home. that is something that i have been struggling with lately and i hope that this will be a step in the process of making it feel more "homey".

that is all for now. thanks for listening to me pour my church thoughts onto you! i am excited to plug into this church more, get to know the leaders and members and see how the Lord will grow us with this church.
signature

0 comments: