Wednesday, November 25, 2009

a pop quiz

i found this stylescope quiz over at young house love a few days ago. before you go any further, you should go visit sherry and john over at their blog. it was one of my first blog loves (no pun intended) and it is still going strong in my book. i am obsessed.

they featured this fun little style quiz and i took it. it was pretty much dead on. i was impressed (especially since it wasn't too spot on for the young house lovers). but it proved me wrong.

the quiz is from homegoods and was created by domino editor deborah needleman (oh how i miss that magazine). the quiz can be found {here}. my results stated that i was 'country eclectic'. i was nervous with the 'country' but after reading the results i was pretty impressed. some truths that they got spot on...

1. you would never use a matching suite of furniture or could stand a home that seemed cookie-cutter. = 100% true statement. not to knock on any of you that love a good furniture set but it's just not my style. at all. and i love historic homes with character.

2. you love a little chintz or ruffle or weathered furniture and colored glasses filled with cut flowers = umm yes please. stick a ruffle on anything and it ups my chances of buying it by 99%. and who doesn't love fresh flowers.

3. you love vintage-looking, mixed tea cups = have i told you that i already have started my collection? i love hot tea so why not find a few wonderful vintage tea cups to enjoy my tea in?

4. you know you have to be willing to take risks—whether with colors, finishes, furniture choices, or ideas = i love colorful design. hence why i am obsessed with domino.

so my friends...go take this fun little quiz and don't keep the results to yourself. let me know if they were as accurate as me or kind of a bust like the youngsters over at young house love.

happy quizzing...
signature

1 comments:

Jen said...

I took it and was "county classic" the description was true for me too! I totally agree...that was fun!

Jen Jen